MLK53      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, rph-1Strain Comments:
- lpxL10(ts)::mini-Tn10-- grows in rich media below 32.5 C, but not at higher temperatures.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- = tetracycline resistant
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Karow, M., C. Georgopoulos 1991. Sequencing, mutational analysis, and transcriptional regulation of the Escherichia coli htrB gene. Mol.Microbiol. 5:2285-2292
- Karow, M, S Raina, C Georgopoulos, O Fayet 1991. Complex phenotypes of null mutations in the htr genes, whose products are essential for Escherichia coli growth at elevated temperatures Res. Microbiol. 142(2-3):289-294.
- Karow, M., O. Fayet, A. Cegielska, T. Ziegelhoffer, C. Georgopoulos 1991. Isolation and characterization of the Escherichia coli htrB gene, whose product is essential for bacterial viability above 33 degrees C in rich media. J.Bacteriol. 173:741-750