MLK1067      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, rph-1Strain Comments:
- lpxM11(Ω)::Cm-- Previously named msbB1(Ω)::Cm
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- = chloramphenicol resistant
- $\Omega$ = CmR gene plus termination sig.
- Karow, M, C Georgopoulos 1992. Isolation and characterization of the Escherichia coli msbB gene, a multicopy suppressor of null mutations in the high-temperature requirement gene htrB. J. Bacteriol. 174(3):702-10.
- Karow, M, C Georgopoulos 1993. The essential Escherichia coli msbA gene, a multicopy suppressor of null mutations in the htrB gene, is related to the universally conserved family of ATP-dependent translocators. Mol. Microbiol. 7(1):69-79.