Lin 242      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, creC510Strain Comments:
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- glpc = constitutive expr.glp regulon
- p = promoter, regulatory region
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Berman-Kurtz, M., E.C.C. Lin, D.P. Richey 1971. Promoter-like mutant with increased expression of the glycerol kinase operon of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 106:724-731
- Richey, DP, EC Lin 1972. Importance of facilitated diffusion for effective utilization of glycerol by Escherichia coli. 112(2):784-90.