HL944      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, deoC2Strain Comments:
- recQ::Tn3 from KD1996, described by Nakayama et al.
- thyA36-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- = ampicillin resistance
- Nakayama, K., N. Irino, H. Nakayama 1985. The recQ gene of Escherichia coli K-12: molecular cloning and isolation of insertion mutants. Mol.Gen.Genet. 200:266-271