NY171      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ53
- lacZ53(Am)-- is the Paris lac-Y14 amber.
- thyA81-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- deo-41-- is at the deoB or the deoC locus.
- dnaC7(ts)-- was at one time called dnaD7 and is a temperature-sensitive mutation. Permissive temperature is 30 degrees C, restrictive temperature is 42 degrees C.
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive