NY177      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ53
, deo-42Strain Comments:
- Ref. to dnaC1: Wechsler & Gross 1971 Mol. Gen. Genet. 113:273.
- The permissive temp. for this strain is 30 degrees C, the restrictive temp. is 42 degrees C.
- lacZ53(Am)-- is the Paris lac-Y14 amber.
- thyA82-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Wechsler, JA, JD Gross 1971. Escherichia coli mutants temperature-sensitive for DNA synthesis. Mol. Gen. Genet. 113(3):273-84.