PS1500      Source of Strain:
Bryant & SypherdSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ4
, rpsL8 or rplL9
(L?) or rpsL17
, pro-54Strain Comments:
- rimC3(Cs)-- is a cold-sensitive mutation. The permissive temperature is 37 degrees C, the restrictive temperature is 25 degrees C.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = strep-resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Cs = cold-sensitive
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Bryant, RE, PS Sypherd 1974. Genetic analysis of cold-sensitive ribosome maturation mutants of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 117(3):1082-92.