C600-T44      Source of Strain:
Goldthwaite & JacobOther Designations:
C600 44 GT19Other Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- recA441(ts)-- formerly tif-1 (temp.-induced filamentation). Not a Rec- phenotype, "constitutive protease activity" not requiring ss-DNA binding at hi temp.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- glpc = constitutive expr.glp regulon
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Goldthwaite, F. Jacob 1964. Compt.Rend.Acad.Sci.Paris 259:661-0
- Castellazzi, M, J George, G Buttin 1972. Prophage induction and cell division in E. coli. I. Further characterization of the thermosensitive mutation tif-1 whose expression mimics the effect of UV irradiation. Mol. Gen. Genet. 119(2):139-52.