Lin 205      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, spoT1Strain Comments:
- (Reference below is to strain Lin 233, donor of glpR and glpD mutations.)
- glpR8(glpc)-- is a glp-constitutive mutation, obtained as a reversion of the glpR7, non-inducible phenotype.
- glpR7(glpn)-- may or may not be present in this strain.
- glpD26-- Loss of G-3-P dehydrogenase (aerobic) results in inability of strains to grow on glycerol or glycerol-3-P as sole carbon source.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- glpc = constitutive expr.glp regulon
- glpn = non-inducible for glp regulon
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Cozzarelli, NR, WB Freedberg, EC Lin 1968. Genetic control of L-alpha-glycerophosphate system in Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 31(3):371-87.