JRG596      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: secA214
, metB1Strain Comments:
- This strain is apparently no longer Hfr. This strain was formerly called K DE15.
- thyA56-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- secA214(aziR) was formerly called azi-14
- secA214(aziR) was formerly called secA14
- aziR = azide resistance
- Langley, D., J.R. Guest 1977. Biochemical studies of the alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase complexes of Escherichia coli K12: isolation and biochemical properties of deletion mutants. J.Gen.Microbiol. 99:263-276