NI748      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, λRStrain Comments:
- The locus of the CouR mutation described in the paper below is now designated gyrB.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- λR-- Lambda resistant, locus unknown.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Const = constitutive
- Gellert, M., M.H. O'Dea, A. Itoh, J.-I. Tomizawa 1976. Novobiocin and coumermycin inhibit DNA supercoiling catalyzed by DNA gyrase. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 73:4474-4478