AW804      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- hemH230-- results in 100-fold greater accumulation of non-iron porphyrins and 100-fold greater sensitivity in tumbling to blue light than Hem+ parent.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- gsk-3055::Tn10 was formerly called zba-3055::Tn10
- hemH230 was formerly called hemH1
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Yang, H., H. Inokuchi, J. Adler 1995. Phototaxis away from blue light by an Escherichia coli mutant accumulating protoporphyrin IX. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 92:7332-7336
- Yang, H., A. Sasarman, H. Inokuchi, J. Adler 1996. Non-iron porphyrins cause tumbling to blue light by an Escherichia coli mutant defective in hemG. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 93:2459-2463