M7052      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ125
(strR), spoT1Strain Comments:
- lacZ125(Am)-- is the amber mutation from Zipser's strain NG125 and Brenner's CA274. It was formerly called lac125am by Brenner. In `interval 6' of Newton et al. JMB 14:290 (1965).
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Newton, W.A., J.R. Beckwith, D. Zipser, S. Brenner 1965. Nonsense mutants and polarity in the lac operon of Escherichia coli. J.Mol.Biol. 14:290-296