ASH10      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, metB1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- thyA117-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Buxton, R.S., I.B. Holland 1973. Genetic studies of tolerance to colicin E2 in Escherichia coli K12. I. Re-location and dominance relationships of cet mutations. Mol.Gen.Genet. 127:69-88