GR756      Source of Strain:
C. GeorgopoulosOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, glpR200(glpc)Strain Comments:
- dnaK756(ts)-- has been called groPAB756, groPC756 and grpC756. This strain shows a Ts phenotype only on a low-salt medium: for example, 0.05% NaCl.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- glpc = constitutive expr.glp regulon
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Yochem, J, H Uchida, M Sunshine, H Saito, CP Georgopoulos, M Feiss 1978. Genetic analysis of two genes, dnaJ and dnaK, necessary for Escherichia coli and bacteriophage lambda DNA replication. Mol. Gen. Genet. 164(1):9-14.