MF634      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- dnaJ259(ts)-- This strain is Ts only at 44.5 degrees C, at which temperature the parent strain (C600) is barely viable. dnaJ259 has been called groPC259, groPF259, and grpF259.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- glpc = constitutive expr.glp regulon
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Sunshine, M., M. Feiss, J. Stuart, J. Yochem 1977. A new host gene (groPC) necessary for lambda DNA replication. Mol.Gen.Genet. 151:27-34
- Yochem, J, H Uchida, M Sunshine, H Saito, CP Georgopoulos, M Feiss 1978. Genetic analysis of two genes, dnaJ and dnaK, necessary for Escherichia coli and bacteriophage lambda DNA replication. Mol. Gen. Genet. 164(1):9-14.