CY15058      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, trpR55Strain Comments:
- Grow this strain at 30 C.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- λTL(trpL-lac)-- = φtrpO,P(trpL'-'trpE)::'lacZ+Y+). trpEL1413 deletion used extends from trpE codon 338 through trpL codon 9; fused in-frame to codon 8 of lacZ.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- trpR55-- is trpR2 of Yanofsky. It is a frameshift mutation. Trp levels are indistinguishable from those in trpR deletions or amber mutations (no functional repressor).
- tnaA5 was formerly called tna-2
- trpL-lac = fusion of trp o/p/l' to 'lacZ+
- Yanofsky, C., R.L. Kelley, V. Horn 1984. Repression is relieved before attenuation in the trp operon of Escherichia coli as tryptophan starvation becomes increasingly severe. J.Bacteriol. 158:1018-1024