X103B      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(pro-lac)103
(strR), spoT1Strain Comments:
- Δ(pro-lac)103-- deletion comes from Jacob strain Hfr 3000 X103.
- trpA49(Am)-- is the amber mutation formerly called trp-8am by Brenner.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Grodzicker, T, D Zipser 1968. A mutation which creates a new site for the re-initiation of polypeptide synthesis in the z gene of the lac operon of Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 38(3):305-14.