CY15007      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, trpR55Strain Comments:
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- trpR55-- is trpR2 of Yanofsky. It is a frameshift mutation. Trp levels are indistinguishable from those in trpR deletions or amber mutations (no functional repressor).
- tnaA5 was formerly called tna-2
- trpL-775 was formerly called trpL75
- Yanofsky, C, V Horn 1981. Rifampin resistance mutations that alter the efficiency of transcription termination at the tryptophan operon attenuator. J. Bacteriol. 145(3):1334-41.