KS5      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: Δ(galK-uvrB)45
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- The use of the symbol sup in the paper cited above is confusing. This strain does not carry a suppressor.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Shimada, K, RA Weisberg, ME Gottesman 1973. Prophage lambda at unusual chromosomal locations. II. Mutations induced by bacteriophage lambda in Escherichia coli K12. J. Mol. Biol. 80(2):297-314.
- Fimmel, AL, RE Loughlin 1977. Isolation of a lambdadcys transducing bacteriophage and its use in determining the regulation of cysteine messenger ribonucleic acid synthesis in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 132(3):757-63.