MM294A      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: pro-82
, creC510Strain Comments:
- This is a spontaneous pro- derivative of M. Meselson's MM294.
- pro-82-- is in proA or proB.
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Const = constitutive
- Backman, K., H. Boyer 1983. Tetracycline resistance determined by pBR322 is mediated by one polypeptide. Gene 26:197-203