CS520      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: tyrT58
, glyV-50Strain Comments:
- This is the strain from which the DNA of the Clarke and Carbon plasmid bank was made.
- This strain is probably Rac- also. See: Kaiser and Murray 1979 Mol.Gen.Genet. 175:159. glyV50 was called suA58 or A58sul. See: Guest and Yanofsky 1965 J.Mol.Biol. 12:793.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- tyrT58(AS) was formerly called supF58
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor