R594      Source of Strain:
A. CampbellOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lac-3350
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Campbell, A. 1965. The steric effect in lysogenization by bacteriophage lambda. I. Lysogenization of a partially diploid strain of Escherichia coli K12. Virology 27:329-339
- Del Campillo-Campbell, A, G Kayajanian, A Campbell, S Adhya 1967. Biotin-requiring mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 94(6):2065-6.
- Adhya, S., P.P. Cleary, A. Campbell 1968. A deletion analysis of prophage lambda and adjacent genetic regions. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 61:956-962
- Cleary, P.P., A. Campbell 1972. Deletion and complementation analysis of the biotin gene cluster of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 112:830-839