PK3      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
131(ColV.) Map Position:
80.13 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This is a ColV Hfr. It is ColE1 Resistant, and ColV Resistant and probably ColV+.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- secA215 was formerly called azi-15
- secA215 was formerly called secA15
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- KAHN, P, DR HELINSKI 1964. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN COLICINOGENIC FACTORS E1 AND V AND AN F FACTOR IN ESCHERICHIA COLI. J. Bacteriol. 88:1573-9.
- Kahn, PL 1968. Isolation of high-frequency recombining strains from Escherichia coli containing the V colicinogenic factor. J. Bacteriol. 96(1):205-14.