W3110trpC720(del)      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, mdoB202::Tn10Strain Comments:
- ΔtrpC720-- : This allele deletes the TrpC, IGP synthase, portion of the gene, making an artificially monofunctional PRA isomerase
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- mdoB202::Tn10-- cotransduces 34% with serB and 13% with thr and ca. 50% with hsd. Shown by PCR analysis (Nichols et al.) to be within mdoB at nucleotide 4,595,002 (99.0 min.).
- tnaA5 was formerly called tna-2
- = tetracycline resistant
- Merz, A, MC Yee, H Szadkowski, G Pappenberger, A Crameri, WP Stemmer, C Yanofsky, K Kirschner 2000. Improving the catalytic activity of a thermophilic enzyme at low temperatures. Biochemistry 39(5):880-9.