AG100      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, tfr-3Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- George, A.M., S.B. Levy 1983. Gene in the major cotransduction gap of the Escherichia coli K-12 linkage map required for the expression of chromosomal resistance to tetracycline and other antibiotics. J.Bacteriol. 155:541-548
- George, A.M., S.B. Levy 1983. Amplifiable resistance to tetracycline, chloramphenicol, and other antibiotics in Esherichia coli: Involvement of a non-plasmid-determined efflux of tetracycline. J.Bacteriol. 155:531-540
- Barbosa, TM, SB Levy 2000. Differential expression of over 60 chromosomal genes in Escherichia coli by constitutive expression of MarA. J. Bacteriol. 182(12):3467-74.