AG100kan      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = kanamycin resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Maneewannakul, K, SB Levy 1996. Identification for mar mutants among quinolone-resistant clinical isolates of Escherichia coli. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 40(7):1695-8.