NY73      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, deoC3Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- thyA47-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Gefter, ML, Y Hirota, T Kornberg, JA Wechsler, C Barnoux 1971. Analysis of DNA polymerases II and 3 in mutants of Escherichia coli thermosensitive for DNA synthesis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 68(12):3150-3.