BW25142      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(araD-araB)567
, hsdR514Strain Comments:
- Δ(araD-araB)567-- This deletion extends from ~25 bp upstream of the araB start codon to ~8 bp into the beginning of the araD gene
- ΔlacZ4787(::rrnB-3)-- : 4 tandem copies of the rrnB transcriptional terminator inserted by gene replacement into the region extending from near the SacII site near the N-terminus of lacZ through the promoter.
- ΔuidA4::pir-116-- Allows plasmids with an R6Kγ origin to replicate to high copy number
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- Δ(araD-araB)567 was formerly called Δ araBADAH33
- Δ(rhaD-rhaB)568 was formerly called Δ rhaBADLD78
- endA9(del-ins)::FRT was formerly called endABT333
- ΔlacZ4787(::rrnB-3) was formerly called Δ lacZWJ16
- ΔlacZ4787(::rrnB-3) was formerly called ::rrnB-4
- ::rrnB-3 = 4 copies of rrnB inserted
- del-ins = deletion-insertion
- Haldimann, A, BL Wanner 2001. Conditional-replication, integration, excision, and retrieval plasmid-host systems for gene structure-function studies of bacteria. J. Bacteriol. 183(21):6384-93.