HS4004      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- This strain is the parent of strain HS4006, which carries DE( malB101).
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- flhD5301-- flagellar defect shown in Komeda and Iino
- Δ(fruK-yeiR)725(fruA25)-- : this fruA25 mutation deletes 29 codons of fruK, fruB and fruBKAp promoter to orf yeiR Peters et al. J.Bact.185:2017.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- Δ(fruK-yeiR)725(fruA25) was formerly called fruA25
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- fruA25 = former designation
- rifR = rifamycin resistance
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Guarente, L.P., R.R. Isberg, M. Syvanen, T.J. Silhavy 1980. Conferral of transposable properties to a chromosomal gene in Escherichia coli. J.Mol.Biol. 141:235-248