DF1020      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: pro-82
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- Reference below is to related strains DF1010. Derivation of DF1020 follows the same steps as DF1010, but the starting strain was MM294A rather than K10.
- There are problems verifying the pfk- phenotype of this strain. Suggest using RL257 instead.
- pro-82-- is in proA or proB.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- recA56-- Amino acid substitution Arg 60 Cys
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Daldal, F. 1983. Molecular cloning of the gene for phosphofructokinase-2 of Escherichia coli and the nature of a mutation, pfkB1, causing a high level of the enzyme. J.Mol.Biol. 168:285-305