NK6035      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: pur-77::Tn10
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- The locus of pur-77::Tn10 is not known but it is known that the insertion is not in purF, as was first reported.
- Thus the Tn 10 insertion must not be in purF. We have just received two strains in which Tn 10 does appear to be integrated in purF. Please inform us if you want these strains
- We have been informed that, although strain NK6035 (CGSC #6182) is Pur- and the Pur- phenotype cotransduces with the TetR phenotype, neither phenotype cotransduces with either fabB or aroC.
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant