S1      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- proA2 is a deletion of gpt-proA, now also called DE62.
- mrdB51-- : mrdB formerly called rodA.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Matsuzawa, H, K Hayakawa, T Sato, K Imahori 1973. Characterization and genetic analysis of a mutant of Escherichia coli K-12 with rounded morphology. J. Bacteriol. 115(1):436-42.
- Matsuzawa, H. 1980. Agric.Biol.Chem. 44:2937-0
- Asoh, S., H. Matsuzawa, M. Matsuhashi, T. Ohta 1983. Molecular cloning and characterization of the genes pbpA and rodA responsible for the rod shape of Escherichia coli K-12: analysis of gene expression with transposon Tn5 mutagenesis and protein synth