PK18      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
132(ColV.) Map Position:
69.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- DE5 is a deletion of gpt-lac formerly called DE (pro-lac)Xaaa.
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Kahn, PL 1968. Isolation of high-frequency recombining strains from Escherichia coli containing the V colicinogenic factor. J. Bacteriol. 96(1):205-14.