RS162      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- zjb-504::Tn10-- cotransduces at very high frequency with dnaB
- dnaB252(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Sclafani, RA, JA Wechsler 1981. Deoxyribonucleic acid initiation mutation dnaB252 is suppressed by elevated dnaC+ gene dosage. J. Bacteriol. 146(1):418-21.