Hfr 3000 YA694      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacI694(IS)
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- lacI694(IS)-- is a laciS mutation. The repressor binds DNA, but not the inducer, so it cannot be induced and is Lac-.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- IS = super suppressor
- Willson 1964. J.Mol.Biol. 8:582-0