M1900      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY96
(strR) or rpsL110
, melB4Strain Comments:
- We received feedback that this strain, as well as MG1655 and some of its derivatives tested for thermotolerance were able to grow at 48C on LB without NaCl but not regular LB.
- melB4-- : Found to lack TMG permease II, Schmitt, 1968, J.Bacteriol. 96:462
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Schmitt, R 1968. Analysis of melibiose mutants deficient in alpha-galactosidase and thiomethylgalactoside permease II in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 96(2):462-71.