PC5      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, deoC3Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- thyA47-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- dnaA5(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Wechsler, JA, JD Gross 1971. Escherichia coli mutants temperature-sensitive for DNA synthesis. Mol. Gen. Genet. 113(3):273-84.