SB3931      Source of Strain:
P.E. HartmanOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, mtl-1Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Stable = stable, non-reverting
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Goldschmidt, E.P., M.S. Cater, T.S. Matney, M.A. Butler, A. Greene 1970. Genetic analysis of the histidine operon in Escherichia coli K12. Genetics 66:219-229
- Carl, PL 1970. Escherichia coli mutants with temperature-sensitive synthesis of DNA. Mol. Gen. Genet. 109(2):107-22.