DF575      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- 1.This strain can be grown in a minimal medium containing malate (25mM), glycerol (12.5 mM) and casamino acids (0.1%).It should not be grown in the presence of glucose, which selects for revertants.
- 2.Reference: Hillman and Fraenkel 1975 J.Bacteriol.122:1175
- Donor markers transferred early in the cross, but not near the selected region and not been tested for: fhuA22, garB10, creC570, mcrB1, rrnB-2, spoT1, pit-10. relA1 is a donor marker near the selected argA+ and very likely to be
- The markers shown with ? marks are carried by the recipient parent in regions not selected for, but introduced early by the Hfr. λ- and glnV44 are recipient markers in a region transferred very late, so are likely to be present.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- eno-2-- : Mutations in the eno, gap, and pgk genes all revert and must be monitored closely; they should not be grown in media containing glucose.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = strep-resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Thomson, J, PD Gerstenberger, DE Goldberg, E Gociar, A Orozco de Silva, DG Fraenkel 1979. ColE1 hybrid plasmids for Escherichia coli genes of glycolysis and the hexose monophosphate shunt. J. Bacteriol. 137(1):502-6.