MM28      Source of Strain:
M. MeselsonOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: galK2
, rph-1Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Gottesman, M.E., M. Yarmolinsky 1968. Integration-negative mutants of bacteriophage lambda. J.Mol.Biol. 31:487-505
- Pratt, D., W.S. Erdahl 1968. Genetic control of bacteriophage M13 DNA synthesis. J.Mol.Biol. 37:181-200