DH20      Source of Strain:
F128-18 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: lacIp-4000(lacIQ) Plasmid Comment:
This F-prime came from the strain X91, which has an F128-10 derivative designated F128-17. F128-18 and F128-17 are probably the same F-prime. Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- This F-prime comes from the strain X91, which carries a derivative of F128-10 that was designated F128-17. F128-17 and F128-18 are probably the same F-prime, extending from ( proB-lac) and carrying lacIp-4000(lacIQ).
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Hanahan, D. 1983. Studies on transformation of Escherichia coli with plasmids. J.Mol.Biol. 166:557-580