HG4      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- The succinate- phentoype is tighter if cells are refrigerated (4hrs or more) before plating on minimal medium plus succinate.
- galK35-- is Brenner's gal-U99 from Hfr 3000 U99 and has been called galK99
- pps-3-- allele is called pps-1 by Fraenkel.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Goldie, H., B.D. Sanwal 1980. Genetic and physiological characterization of Escherichia coli mutants deficient in phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase activity. J.Bacteriol. 141:1115-1121