XA92      Source of Strain:
J.H. MillerOther Designations:
XA102 but Met+Sex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, λ cI+
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnV89(AS)-- : This mutation is shown in the Promega Technical Bulletin on the Interchange System, but not in the parental strains.
- λ cI+-- is shown in Promega Technical Bulletin, but not in parental strains.
- argE-(Am)-- is suppressible by all of the characterized amber and ochre suppressors in Miller et a. 1977
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- rifR = rifamycin resistance
- Miller, J.H., D. Ganem, P. Lu, A. Schmitz 1977. Genetic studies of the lac repressor. I. Correlation of mutational sites with specific amino acid residues: construction of a colinear gene-protein map. J.Mol.Biol. 109:275-301