XAC/pPro(AS)      Source of Strain:
pPro(AS) Plasmid Markers/Mutations: bla
(AS*) Plasmid Comment:
derived from proH Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- argE-(Am)-- is suppressible by all of the characterized amber and ochre suppressors in Miller et a. 1977
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- rifR = rifamycin resistance
- ApR = ampicillin resistant
- AS* = synthetic amber suppressor mut
- Normanly, J., L.G. Kleina, J.M. Masson, J. Abelson 1990. Construction of Escherichia coli amber suppressor tRNA genes. III. Determination of tRNA specificity. J.Mol.Biol. 213:719-726