BW16829/pWM6      Source of Strain:
pWM6 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: bla
F128-Tn10-11 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: lacIp-4000(lacIQ)
, Tn10-11 Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Const = constitutive
- = kanamycin resistant
- ApR = ampicillin resistant
- kan,neoR = from Tn903
- = tetracycline resistant
- M15 = alpha-complemented allele
- Yanisch-Perron, C, J Vieira, J Messing 1985. Improved M13 phage cloning vectors and host strains: nucleotide sequences of the M13mp18 and pUC19 vectors. Gene 33(1):103-19.
- Metcalf, W.W., B.L. Wanner 1993. Construction of new beta-glucuronidase cassettes for making transcriptional fusions and their use with new methods for allele replacement. Gene 129:17-25