BW21116      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- ΔuidA3::pir+-- Allows the replication of plasmids with an R6Kγ origin of replication
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- ΔuidA3::pir+ was formerly called uidA(Δ MluI)::pir+
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Const = constitutive
- Metcalf, WW, W Jiang, LL Daniels, SK Kim, A Haldimann, BL Wanner 1996. Conditionally replicative and conjugative plasmids carrying lacZ alpha for cloning, mutagenesis, and allele replacement in bacteria. Plasmid 35(1):1-13.