BW6050/pBW2      Source of Strain:
pBW2 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: tetA Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Const = constitutive
- = tetracycline resistant
- Wanner, B.L. 1987. Molecular cloning of Mu d(bla lacZ) transcriptional and translational fusions. J.Bacteriol. 169:2026-2030
- Wanner, B.L., M.R. Wilmes, E. Hunter 1988. Molecular cloning of the wild-type phoM operon in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 170:279-288
- Metcalf, W.W., P.M. Steed, B.L. Wanner 1990. Identification of phosphate starvation-inducible genes in Escherichia coli K-12 by DNA sequence analysis of psi::lacZ(Mu d1) transcriptional fusions. J.Bacteriol. 172:3191-3200