DR1984      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Sancar, A, WD Rupp 1979. Cloning of uvrA, lexC and ssb genes of Escherichia coli. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 90(1):123-9.