N3431      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacZ43
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Apirion, D. 1978. Isolation, genetic mapping, and some characterization of a mutation in Escherichia coli which affects the processing of ribonucleic acid. Genetics 90:659-671
- Goldblum, K, D Apririon 1981. Inactivation of the ribonucleic acid-processing enzyme ribonuclease E blocks cell division. J. Bacteriol. 146(1):128-32.